Main Research Topics in Our Lab
Our research group studies the brain bases of higher cognitive functions such as language, working memory, cognitive control, goal-directed behavior. To this end, we use modern brain imaging techniques such as functional magnetic resonance imaging, EEG, or magnetoencephalography. Our work aims at understanding basic mechanisms of cognition, but also individual differences in cognitive abilities, such as general intelligence or working memory capacity.
Cognitive Stability and Cognitive Flexibility
- working memory, working memory capacity, working memory precision
- task switching
- distractor inhibition
- dopaminergic control of stability vs. flexibility
- predictive coding during language processing (L-POP project funded by ERC)
- word recognition
- reading and reading disorders
Neurobiological Mechanisms underlying Individual Differences
- brain bases of intelligence
- effects of personality (esp. anxiety) on executive cognitive control
- individual differences in working memory capacity
- genes, brain, and behavior
- neurocognitive development of reading, attention, executive control
Labmeeting calendar: http://fiebachlab.org/labmeeting
Our github site: https://github.com/fiebachlab
Support our Research!
Any donations made through this website will be used to support the research projects of students of the Psychology Department in their research projects!
We are grateful for your support!